The second event in our Spring Concert Series at MEHERABODE, an early evening concert, will feature two distinguished and wonderful maestros of North Indian classical music
Pandit Arup Chattopadhyay playing Tabla
Date: Sunday, June 2, 2013
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: 1214 S. Van Ness Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90019
Hansa Vina is a unique Indian slide guitar, with sympathetic strings.
Barun Kumar Pal studied North Indian classical music under tutelage of the late Pandit Ravi Shankar for many years.
[further background info about the two artists will be added to this announcement within the next day]
- Suggested donation: $15 general admission ($12 for students; children 12 years of age or younger are admitted free of charge)
- Advance / reserved tickets now available: BARUN.bpt.me (at Brown Paper Tickets)
- See also: The Bewitching Hansa Vina (Facebook EVENT page)
- Just prior to this concert, beginning at 5:00 p.m., an Organic Vegan Dinner will be served (free of charge) to all present. So come early!
The dinner will feature organic millet [a nutritious whole grain], daal [spiced lentils], tofu and vegetables, and will also include a surprise contribution from "underground chef" Isaiah Frizzell)
- Part of a Spring Concert Series co-produced by MEHERABODE and OTHER SHORE ARTS
This is a new initiative, launched this year, aiming to produce exceptional concerts of Indian classical and devotional music at MEHERABODE for the enjoyment of LA-area music-lovers
- Any questions can be addressed to me at: Meherabode.email@example.com
LOCATION NOTE: MEHERABODE (the Avatar Meher Baba Center of Southern California) is located off Arlington Avenue, between Olympic Blvd. and Pico Blvd. From Highway 10, take the Arlington Avenue exit and head north on Arlington Avenue. After passing Venice Blvd. and Pico Blvd., turn east onto 12th Street (which is the first block north of Pico Boulevard, and is 2 blocks south of Olympic Boulevard). The big iron gate to MEHERABODE is at the end of a short block, on the left side of the street.
See also the location via Google Maps, HERE.